domenica 24 gennaio 2010

HOW I DISCOVERED TOTAL HAPPINESS


Almost four years ago I became a member of WWOOF Italia. I have a special feeling for this country, every time I arrive to Italy , deep in my heart I feel that I'm finally home, even thou I'm not Italian.
I thought wwoofing around Italy would be a good way to get to know the country a little more and from a different perspective, not as a tourist.
I got my first farm list and went through it from top to bottom. That took a really long time since the list is gigantic.
Then I finally narrowed my search to the south of Italy since it was the area that I new the least plus it was warmer ( I lived in snowy mountains for way to long).
I chose one farm: I Poderi del Sole and wrote them a letter introducing myself and asking them if I could volunteer at their olive farm. Well...I chose the right place and I was lucky enough that they chose me also since they receive about 3 Wwoof requests a day.
Wow! what a life changing experience. This is my third year volunteering for them and I do not get tired of it; the life, the knowledge, generosity, warmth, great food and amazing olive oil, just to name a few things...

1 commento:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I have never heard of WWOOF before, but it sounds like a wonderful scheme. I look forward to hearing more about your work on the farm.

    RispondiElimina

 
I'm reading: Tweet this!